SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Janesville is pleased to announce 2017 mini grant opportunities for community organizations. These grants will offer up to $5,000 for projects, activities or events which focus on one of the three health needs identified through SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Janesville's 2017-2018 Community Health Needs Assessment priorities; which include smoking, obesity and fall prevention in the elderly.
- Proposed projects/activities/events must address one of the three health needs:
- Fall Prevention in the Elderly
- Must address health equity:
- All people, regardless of ethnic/racial or socio-economic status, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disability have an equal opportunity to develop and maintain health through fair and just access to resources such as education, housing and economic stability.
- Proposals will be evaluated based on criteria met and for potential impact.
- All groups, programs, coalitions, schools, faith-based communities and non-profit organizations are encouraged to apply. Applicants must have 501(c)(3) status or a fiscal sponsor. Individuals are not eligible to apply. Proposed activities must occur in Rock County, Wisconsin.
- The following types of projects will not be funded: capital campaigns, fundraising activities, grants or scholarships to individuals, multi-year requests or political causes or events or programs.
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Janesville asks that it be recognized in promotional materials, radio/television interviews, conference brochures and announcements during the event or program.
- Up to (4) $5,000 awards be awarded
- Must include mini grant cover sheet and project narrative including budget - see cover sheet and proposal narrative for specific requirements
- If the proposed project is to be a collaboration with one of more partners, you must include a commitment letter for each partner that specifies the role and commitment by each partner.
- Must include an IRS letter with a Wisconsin address confirming tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- If a fiscal sponsor is used, include a copy of their IRS tax-exempt letter of determination.
Angela Sullivan, Community Education Specialist
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Janesville
3400 E. Racine St.
Janesville, WI 53546
Proposals must be received by 5:00 pm on March 3, 2017 in order to be eligible for consideration. (No exceptions.) Technical assistance will be available until Noon on March 3, 2017 by contacting Angela Sullivan at 608-373-8903 or emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a competitive process. All applications will be evaluated by a review panel. Applicants will be notified in writing as to the status of their application by March 17, 2017.
*All awardees must complete their projects by December 31, 2017 and submit a final report by January 31, 2018.