Did you know?
- 50% of patients who suffer a heart attack experience warning signs.
- Most heart damage occurs within two hours of a heart attack.
- Most people do not know when to call 9-1-1.
The good news is that heart attacks are preventable.
Because half of all heart attacks can be prevented by recognizing the symptoms and getting treatment early, you can get the upper hand in improving heart health if:
- You learn the early signs of a heart attack
- You call 9-1-1 for emergency care if you're experiencing the signs and symptoms of a heart attack
- You listen to your heart
Consider these helpful resources for maintaining a healthy heart and recognizing the early signs of a heart attack:
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Janesville is proud of its accreditation as a Chest Pain Center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. We are committed to providing a continuum of care from prevention and early recognition of a heart attack through patient care in cardiac rehabilitation.